UCMC to Discuss Prospects and Problems of Energy Industry Competition Development
Round Table “Competition in the Energy Sector as a Tool to Attract Investments to Ukraine”
On 28 September at 13.00 in Kyiv, a round table dedicated to prospects of competition development in the energy industry will take place. It will focus on the efficiency of competition legislation in Ukraine and main problems of cooperation between economic entities and authorities.
Participants of the round table:
- Mariya Nizhnik, First Deputy Head at the AMCU
- Dmytro Vovk, Head of NCSREU
- Yuliia Kovaliv, First Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
- Ihor Nasalyk, Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine (tbc)
- Tetyana Prokopchuk, Vice President of Policy of the American Chamber of Commerce
- Oleksandr Ovdiienko, Head of the Gas Market Association of Ukraine
- Andrew Favorov, Director of ERU Trading
- Yuriy Hnatyuk, Director of AF “Enerhorynok” (tbc)
- Torsten Woellert, Head of the European Commission Support Group for Ukraine
- Anna Artemenko, AMCU State Commissioner
- Oleksiy Honcharuk, Head of Better Regulation Delivery Office (BRDO)
During the event, the participants will discuss the following issues:
- framework of competition legislation from the standpoint of the AMCU;
- measures of NCSREU for competition development in energy markets;
- Business vision of competition problems;
- necessary changes to improve competitive environment
Representatives of the companies operating in the fuel and energy sector are also invited to participate.
Contact person: Viktoria Torop, firstname.lastname@example.org, 095 455 50 39.
Venue: Ukraine Crisis Media Center (Ukrainian House, 2 Khreschatyk Street).