The major achievement of the adopted amendments is the legislative requirement to fully disclose all contracts between extractive companies and the government
Manager for Sustainable Development
Disclosure of resource extraction contracts is important for Ukraine’s compliance with international environmental conventions
Ukraine has time until July 2022 to submit a plan of action, including a time schedule, and until October 2023 to provide a detailed progress report.
expert of the DiXi Group project “Promoting Ukraine's Participation in the European Green Deal in the fields of energy and environment”
Despite multiple political statements supporting the European Green Deal and announced plans for the development of a joint with the EU Roadmap, Ukraine is moving in an opposite direction. These are the results of Energy Policy Tracker
The practice of procuring special extraction permits and then sitting idle on them for decades is unacceptable from the viewpoint of Ukraine’s energy independence and national security, raising budget revenues and the country’s investment attractiveness.
The EITI Board acknowledged Ukraine’s efforts concerning disclosure of beneficial ownership information, creation of an online EITI reporting portal, and the launch of EITI implementation monitoring and assessment at national level.
- Opening accession negotiations with Ukraine will further advance reforms in line with the European Green Deal
- The fossil fuels support Ukrainian energy sector in the wartime, but for future we need to focus on decarbonization – Olena Pavlenko during the 15th EaP CSF Annual Assembly
- Improved physical protection, energy efficiency, more sustainable distributed generation, and local grids development – Bohdan Serebrennikov about energy “lessons learned” during the wartime
- Olena Pavlenko for El Heraldo: When a nuclear-armed state forcibly takes over its neighbors’ territories or imposes conditions on them, the world becomes more insecure.
- DiXi Group team discussed energy sanctions against Russia and approaches to Ukraine’s reconstruction during an advocacy visit to the United States
- Using renewable energy to help rebuild in Ukraine
- DiXi Group presented the Energy Transparency Index at the Open Government Partnership Global Summit in Tallinn
- OPEN LETTER TO LEADERS OF G20: REAL PEACE AND CLIMATE ACTION MEANS KEEPING RUSSIAN FOSSIL FUELS IN THE GROUND
- Presentation of analytical report “Energy Efficiency in Green Recovery: Best Practices and Opportunities for Ukraine”
- The President of DiXi Group took part in a meeting with the UK’ Secretary of State for the Department for Energy Security & Net Zero
- DiXi Group charity event in the framework of the Energy4Victory initiative
- DiXi Group analysts have developed three scenarios for the implementation of EU industrial emissions policy: optimistic one – complete rejection of coal by 2050
- Prospects for foreign investments in Ukraine’s “green” recovery: results of the DiXi Group and EBRD roundtable
- President of DiXi Group will represent Ukraine in the newly elected Board of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- The presence of Russia in the nuclear industry of many countries is already a matter of global nuclear security – DiXi Group expert in Sofia