Discussion With Ambassadors: Decarbonization, COP26, Green Economy
The event “Discussion with Ambassadors: Decarbonisation, COP26, Green Deal” will be held by the British Embassy in cooperation with DiXi Group think tank on 9 April, 2021 at 11am (Kyiv time) on Zoom platform.
The following topics will be raised during the discussion: COP26 (objectives, expectations, ambitions), harmonisation of climate and energy politics, climate action plans and nationally determined contribution targets, decarbonisation and energy transition, “greening” of Ukraine’s economy, role of government and civil society in increasing and achieving Ukraine’s climate ambitions.
- Her Majesty’s Ambassador (HMA) Melinda Simmons (UK)
- H.E. Ambassador Pier Francesco Zazo (Italy)
- Janet Rogan, UK COP26 Ambassador
- Olga Stefanyshyna, Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine
- Yuriy Vitrenko, Acting Minister of Energy of Ukraine
- Iryna Stavchuk, Deputy Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources
- Yaroslav Demchenkov, Deputy Minister of Energy of Ukraine
- Lesya Vasylenko, Verkhovna Rada Committee Member on environmental policy and nature management, Сo-Head of Interfaction union “Energy and Environment”
- Jason Pellmar, Regional Manager for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova, IFC
- Torsten Wöllert, Minister Counsellor – Energy, European Commission
- Roman Nitsovych, Research Director, DiXi Group
- Natalia Gozak, Executive Director, EcoAction
- Olena Pavlenko, DiXi Group President
- Olena Balbekova, Economic, Energy and Climate Change Adviser, British Embassy Kyiv
Language: Ukrainian, English, simultaneous translation will be provided
If you want to join the conference, please register by the following link by April 8.
Confirmation of your participation and link for the event will be sent to you by April 8, until 7 pm.
Contact person – Anastasiia Melnykova, DiXi Group event manager (email@example.com, 067 614 09 83)