Russian War Against Ukraine: Energy Dimension | DiXi Group Alert – weekly review
October 23 – 29
- On October 25, the enemy attacked an area near the Khmelnytskyi NPP, damaging windows in buildings and cutting off power to 1,860 consumers.
- The Minister of Energy Herman Halushchenko presented a nuclear and radiation safety plan at the third meeting on the implementation of Ukrainian Peace Formula. Its goal is the complete withdrawal of Russian military and civilian personnel, weapons and equipment from the territory of the Zaporizhzhia NPP and the transfer of control to Ukraine.
- Russia is using artificial intelligence to create fake stories about power outages in Ukraine – DTEK.
- There was a significant increase of trading activity on the bilateral contracts market: 5.22 million MWh sold with supply in November and December, which is 33 times more WoW.
- The government has approved a regulation on the specifics of electricity imports under martial law. Consumers who are supplied with imported electricity will not be subject to consumption restriction schedules if they do not exceed the specified volumes of consumption.
- The NEURC also proposes simplification of the procedure for submitting reporting forms on the gas market monitoring – by submitting them only in electronic form.
- Naftogaz will not initiate the extension of [Russian] gas transit after 2024 – so the CEO Oleksii Chernyshov.
- Naftogaz reported 6.6 bln UAH of net profit in the first half of 2023. The improvement of financial result could be influenced by the sale (+11.4 billion UAH) and revaluation (+10.7 billion UAH) of buffer gas in storages.
- JSC Mahistralni Gazoprovody Ukrainy (parent company of GTSOU) was liquidated.
- The general meeting of Ukrnafta shareholders decided to hold a competition for a new supervisory board.
- The First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy Yulia Svyrydenko announced the launch of the Europe-Ukraine Energy Transition Hub.
- The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action will contribute 54.3 million EUR to the Ukraine Energy Support Fund.
- Ukrhydroenergo and Andritz Hydro GmbH concluded a Memorandum of Cooperation to modernize the Dniester pumped storage HPP, as well as to produce green hydrogen.
- Policy reforms in Energy and Extractives could enable the private sector to invest 36 billion USD in recovery and generate a further 132 billion USD in investment opportunities – so thereport by IFC and IBRD.