Round Table “Renewable Energy Sources in Ukraine. Harmonizing the Energy Balance” (announcement)
On March 17, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., a round table will be held under the title “Renewable Energy Sources in Ukraine. Harmonizing the Energy Balance”. The event will take place with the support of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committee for Fuel and Energy Complex, Nuclear Policy, and Nuclear Safety and with the assistance of the UK Government.
The discussion will focus on the current level of the renewable energy development in Ukraine and on further steps to be taken to achieve strategic renewable energy development goals.
During the event, the participants will specifically discuss the following issues:
- What does currently impede the development of “green” energy?
- What steps need to be made to implement the National Action Plan for the Development of Renewable Energy Sources?
- What burden lies on consumers now and will lie in the future as a result of using renewable energy sources?
- How can consumers’ interests and active development of renewable energy sources be balanced?
- How can financial success of “green” projects be ensured in Ukraine?
Members of dedicated committees of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, representatives of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, the State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving, the National Commission for State Regulation of Energy Markets and Utility Services, the EU Delegation to Ukraine, EBRD, energy companies, field-oriented nongovernmental organizations, and leading mass media will be invited to take part in the round table.
Representatives of energy companies, mass media, and energy experts can register for the event by using the attached form at https://goo.gl/TfLE1e until 6:00 p.m. on March 16.