Announcement of the debate “Subsidies Monetization Models: Time to Choose”
On November 29, 2016 at 10:30 a.m., at the Ukraine Crisis Media Centre, the debate will be held on the topic “Subsidies Monetization Models: Time to Choose”.
While there is no government decision on the monetization model, recipients of subsidies are not motivated to use energy efficiently and invest in energy saving. In expectation of the government’s consensus there is a need to introduce and provide an expert opinion concerning the existing models.
In the course of the debate, we are going to discuss the following issues: which monetization model is optimal and how much additional money is required for the payment monetization; whether the pilot monetization project is required; why the monetization of subsidies for the population cannot precede or occur simultaneously with the state’s transition to cash settlements with public heating utilities; how to improve the verification of beneficiaries and how to pay out the saved money to ensure their optimal use.
- Volodymyr Kistion, Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine (tbc)
- Yana Buhrimova, Head of the Reform Project Office at the Ministry of Finance
- Dmytro Vovk, Head of the National Commission for State Energy and Public Utilities Regulation
- Ihor Nasalyk, Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine (tbc)
- Vitalii Mushchynin, Deputy Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine
- Taras Tkachuk, DiXi Group analyst
- Tetiana Boiko, Housing and Utilities Programs Coordinator of the Civic Network “OPORA”
- Maria Repko, Deputy Director of the Center for Economic Strategy
- Marianna Onufryk, Public Programs Manager of the Institute of Social and Economic Research
Moderator of the discussion: Roman Vybranovskyi, journalist, Project Manager of the Ukraine Crisis Media Centre.
Accreditation on-site by editorial permits.
For more information, please, contact Victoria Torop at email@example.com or by phone: (095) 4555039.
Venue: Ukraine Crisis Media Centre (2 Khreshchatyk St., Ukrainian House).