expert of the DiXi Group project “Promoting Ukraine's Participation in the European Green Deal in the fields of energy and environment”
Despite multiple political statements supporting the European Green Deal and announced plans for the development of a joint with the EU Roadmap, Ukraine is moving in an opposite direction. These are the results of Energy Policy Tracker
The practice of procuring special extraction permits and then sitting idle on them for decades is unacceptable from the viewpoint of Ukraine’s energy independence and national security, raising budget revenues and the country’s investment attractiveness.
Manager for Sustainable Development at DiXi Group
The EITI Board acknowledged Ukraine’s efforts concerning disclosure of beneficial ownership information, creation of an online EITI reporting portal, and the launch of EITI implementation monitoring and assessment at national level.
In 2020, we present the results of the first such research for the three Eastern Partnership countries – Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia.
Transparency is one of the key prerequisites for effective economic and market development, open competition, fair pricing, and formulation of balanced policy and regulation. Better information openness is also a safeguard against corruption.
DiXi Group Junior Analyst
Political consensus is a shaky phenomenon, but beginning from December of last year the matter of sanctions against the Russian gas pipeline project became an exemplary implementation of bipartisan and bicameral consensus in the United States. So, what does the sanction “package” consist of now and what does it mean for Nord Stream 2?
DiXi Group Junior Analyst
Overall, the Energy Ministry’s proposal is essentially a step in the right direction, because it actually has the purpose of spending the greenhouse gas emission charge specifically on reducing emissions of those very greenhouse gases, thus performing a stimulating role in the transition to the “green” economy.
DiXi Group Manager for Sustainable Development, DiXi Group consultant
The government draft law states that the BATM conclusions approval procedure is set by the Cabinet of Ministers. The alternative draft law proposes to define the BATM conclusions approval procedure in a separate law of Ukraine...
DiXi Group Research Director, DiXi Group External Analyst
There is a clear tendency to reduce the volume of production, increase the cost of extracted coal, which in turn leads to unprofitable state-owned mines, which accumulate debts for years...
The government’s intentions to postpone EU environmental requirements are unlikely to receive the foreign partners’ support
The Ministry of Energy has recently resumed work on the implementation of the National Emissions Reduction Plan for Large Combustion Plants (the NERP), but soon proposed to postpone its implementation.
Sustainable Development Manager
The government has finally approved reporting forms for extractive companies developed, inter alia, with the participation of DiXi Group experts.
The government has actually held the Regulator and the transmission system operator fully responsible for resolving the situation
DiXi Group President
The tragic poisoning of Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny changed the stance of the German political elite. The insistence on purely German interests has weakened, and today, Germany is more open to forming a common European stance as far as interaction and communication with Russia are concerned.
DiXi Group Research Director
It seemed that the long-running “serial” of political discussions between the government and investors in renewable energy has ended. But in fact, the new law may not solve the problem after all, as there are at least five reasons for that.
Darina Kulaga, expert consultant
The tariff increase will not affect electricity prices for household and small non-household consumers, but will be felt for industry and other consumer groups. The main purpose of this step is to ensure stable revenues for timely payments to producers of electricity from renewable sources.
The current market, with many regulatory price caps, unbalanced RES support policy, non-market prices for the population and an existing mechanism of assignment of special obligations (ASO), is not like the model being built in the EU.
National Energy and Utilities Regulatory Commission (NEURC) adopted the decision simplifying the procedure for changing the gas supplier for household consumers
Manager on consultancy and analytical services
04 ЧЕРВНЯ 2020
Since electricity prices are the same for the entire population throughout Ukraine, the current PSO model protects not only economically vulnerable but also wealthy consumers, which seems economically unjustified. Moreover, prices for households have not changed since March 1, 2017.
Manager on consultancy and analytical services
01 ЧЕРВНЯ 2020
However, current tariff, even its upper rate, does not reflect real costs incurred for the production, procurement and supply of electricity to households, since the country uses hidden cross-subsidization of the population through the mechanism of Public Service Obligations (PSO).
Anastasiia Synytsia, Analytical Department Trainee
26 ТРАВНЯ 2020
During the operation of the united Ministry of Energy, it was not possible to synchronize the climate and energy directions. For more than 6 months the government and key participants of the renewable energy market have been unable to agree on a solution to the industry’s problems.
DiXi Group Research Director
18 MAY 2020
The decision of German regulatory authority, BNetzA, concerning the legal framework in which Nord Stream 2 can operate represents an interim victory of Ukraine.
trainee at DiXi Group Analytics Section
15 APRIL 2020
Pricing in Ukraine’s retail market for petroleum products draws close attention from both consumers and public authorities. Telling facts in this sense are meetings of the President with representatives of filling station chains or the AMCU’s in-depth analysis of actions of petroleum products market participants, which the agency started in January of this year.
13 КВІТНЯ 2020
If implemented, the preliminary agreement of OPEC+ countries will allow to somewhat stabilize oil prices in the nearest few months, but it remains to be seen whether it will restore the balance of demand and supply in the market.
Manager for Sustainable Development
10 APRIL 2020
Back in 2016, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine passed the Environmental Impact Assessment Law. From the very beginning, the implementation of this legislative act has bumped into obstacles: the law was vetoed after an appeal by the Association of Pig Breeders of Ukraine, whose representatives believed that it would bring their industry to a standstill.
Manager on consultancy and analytical services
09 APRIL 2020
Today’s crisis in the electricity market is not just a concurrence of circumstances caused by a seasonal factor and by quarantine restrictions. These factors vividly illustrated, and stretched almost to its limits, the vulnerability of the system in which Ukraine’s electricity market functions in its present form.
- The Ranking of Electricity Suppliers becomes a benchmark for market participants
- Auditors confirm the transparency of DiXi Group’s activity and reports
- DiXi Group holds consultations concerning the draft law on the extractive sector regulator
- DiXi Group and partners start working on a new edition of International Energy Transparency Index
- Over 133,000 Ukrainians took advantage of Energy Online app and its services
- Information transparency of energy markets can be compared in dynamics on the website
- Members of the Energy Transparency Association noted positive changes in institutional development
- Top 50: DiXi Group presents the pilot version of the Ranking of Gas Suppliers
- The DiXi Group article about the situation with gas production costs won journalistic competition
- DiXi Group expert analyzes disclosure of PSAs at an MSG meeting
- TOP 50: DiXi Group presented a new Ranking of Electricity Suppliers
- KSEP launches new courses in “energy” English
- 18 specialists successfully completed training under the first management program from KSEP
- Without PSO: scenarios of changing the electricity price for Ukrainians
- DiXi Group supports the improvement of EIA in the extractive sector
- Experts and market participants discuss the prospects of introducing annual gas prices
- The discussion on progress in the implementation of the “Roadmap” for EIA improving
- It is better to adopt the second NDC and look for ways to finance climate ambitions than to pause and lose the residual potential – DIXI Group
- A barometer of consumer sentiments in the energy sector in 2018-2020
- Government officials, experts, and civil society representatives discussed the transparency of extractive industries and the EITI Report 2019
- KSEP successfully launches a managerial program about transformations in energy markets
- Attendees of DiXi Group’s training course schooled to prepare media materials about energy
- Discussion With Ambassadors: Decarbonization, COP26, Green Economy
- Online conference «Transparency and accountability of extractive sector during pandemic and energy transition»
- DiXi Group and the NEURC launch an interactive register of electricity suppliers
- Experts explained the situation with electricity tariffs to journalists
- The International Energy Transparency Index Should Become a Permanent Practice – Experts
- Happy Holidays!
- Olena Pavlenko took part in the EaP CSF Forum on Green agenda
- Energy Transparency Index of Ukraine 2020: Information Openness of the Sector has Improved
- DiXi Group President elected as member of Multi-Stakeholder Group to oversee the implementation of the EITI
- Most of the strategies for the coal industry have not been implemented – DiXi Group’s analysis
- DiXi Group congratulates everyone on International Anti-Corruption Day
- Presentation “International energy transparency index 2020: sector openness test – positive or negative?”
- DiXi Group: the energy sector must consider three priorities in 2021
- DiХi Group presents pilot Ranking of Electricity Suppliers
- DiXi Group expert analyzes the openness of the civic sector in environmental protection
- A seminar on international experience in overseeing the performance of PSAs
- DiXi Group experts propose a way of restoring financial balance of the renewable energy support scheme
- DiXi Group evaluates Ukraine’s policy for Energy Policy Tracker
- Lack of guidelines is one of the problems of effective EIA implementation
- Ranking of Electricity Suppliers’ pilot issue presentation
- Olena Pavlenko became a new PWYP GC Chair
- KSEP: third training course in the EU’s energy regulation ends
- A textbook on investigations in the energy sector presented to students
- DiXi Group joins the parliamentary committee’s discussion of the European Green Deal
- Why two gas bills: a video explanation from DiXi Group
- Experts answer consumers regarding market mechanics and the procedure of changing gas supplier
- Playing the long game: how civil society can lead change – a unique brochure for NGOs from DiXi Group President
- KSEP holds the second training course in EU energy law
- Experts analyzed the impact of the European Green Deal on Ukraine’s energy sector
- DiXi Group holds a seminar on PSAs for the Interagency Commission
- Online discussion from DiXi Group: how energy legislation is being harmonized with European standards
- DiXi Group President attends Kyiv Security Forum
- DiXi Group experts provide support to the Interagency Commission for PSA
- Kyiv School of Energy Policy holds a pilot educational course
- Weekly analytical report October 4 – 10, 2021
- Weekly analytical report September 27 – October 3, 2021
- Weekly analytical report September 20 – 26, 2021
- Weekly analytical report September 13 – 19, 2021
- Weekly analytical report September 6 – 12, 2021
- Weekly analytical report, August 30 – September 5, 2021
- Weekly analytical report, August 23-29, 2021
- Weekly analytical report July 26 – August 1, 2021
- Weekly analytical report July 19 – 25, 2021
- Weekly analytical report July 12 – 18, 2021
- Weekly analytical report July 5 – 11, 2021
- Weekly analytical report June 28 – July 4, 2021
- Weekly analytical report June, 21 – 27, 2021
- Weekly analytical report June, 14 – 20, 2021
- Disclosure of Information on Extractive Contracts: Case of Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs)
- Weekly analytical report June, 7 – 13, 2021
- Weekly analytical report May, 24 – 30, 2021
- Weekly analytical report May, 17 – 23, 2021
- Weekly analytical report May, 1 – 16, 2021
- Assessment of the Effectiveness of Public Expenditure on Coal Industry Restructuring
- Weekly analytical report April, 19 – 25, 2021
- Weekly analytical report April, 12 – 18, 2021
- Energy Transparency Index 2020
- Weekly analytical report April, 5 – 11, 2021
- Weekly analytical report March 29 – April, 4, 2021
- Weekly analytical report March 22 – 28, 2021
- DiXi Group Annual Report 2020
- DiXi Group proposals on the new Subsoil Code
- Weekly analytical report March 15 – 21, 2021
- Weekly analytical report March 8 – 14, 2021
- Weekly analytical report March 1 – 7, 2021
- Weekly analytical report February 22 – 26, 2021
- Weekly analytical report February 15 – 19, 2021
- Weekly analytical report February 8 – 12, 2021
- POSITION PAPER “The return to regulated gas prices for households is a step backwards in the market reform”
- Weekly analytical report February 1 – 5, 2021
- Weekly analytical report December 26 – 29, 2021
- Roadmap for implementation of the recommendations proposed in the DiXi Group study “Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) in the extractive industries. Practice and problematic issues of application”
- INVESTMENT PLANS OF THE EU: opportunities for Ukraine in the area of the European Green Deal implementation
- Weekly analytical report December 19 – 25, 2021
- DiXi Group calls on the government and extractive companies to publish the essential terms and conditions of the signed PSAs
- Energy Security Bulletin (pilot issue)
- Weekly analytical report December 11 – 19, 2021
- GAS MARKET FOR UKRAINIANS: User’s Manual
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) in the extractive sector. Practice and problems in implementation
- Weekly analytical report December 14 – 20, 2020
- Energy Transparency Index 2020: International edition
- Weekly analytical report December 7 – 13, 2020
- POSITION PAPER “Changes in regulation of housing and utility services in the draft laws No. 2458 and No. 4383”
- Weekly analytical report December 1 – 7, 2020
- Weekly analytical report November 23 – 29, 2020
- DiXi Group Alert: situation around the NEURC jeopardizes independence and sustainable operation of the Regulator
- Weekly analytical report November 16 – 22, 2020
- Weekly analytical report November 9 – 15, 2020
- Weekly analytical report November 2 – 8, 2020
- Production of electricity from renewable sources: changes in the support scheme and financial challenges (POSITION PAPER)
- Weekly analytical report October 26 – November 1, 2020
- Why is transparency and open data in the extractive industry important? (infographics)
- Weekly analytical report October 12 – 18, 2020
- Weekly analytical report October 4 – 9, 2020
- Weekly analytical report September 28 – October 4, 2020
- Weekly analytical report September 21-27, 2020
- Weekly analytical report September 14-20, 2020
- Weekly analytical report September 7-13, 2020
- Weekly analytical report August 31- September 6, 2020
- Weekly analytical report August 10-30, 2020
- Weekly analytical report August 3-9, 2020
- Playing the long game: how civil society can lead change
- Weekly analytical report 20 – 26 July, 2020
- Weekly analytical report 13 – 19 July, 2020
- Weekly analytical report 6 – 12 July, 2020
- Weekly analytical report 29 June – 3 July, 2020
- Weekly analytical report 9 – 14 June, 2020
- Weekly analytical report 25 – 31 May, 2020
- Weekly analytical report 20 – 26 May, 2020
- Weekly analytical report 6 – 12 May, 2020
- Annual Report 2019
- Enhancing Transparency of the Energy Sector through the EITI Implementation: Success Stories of Ukraine and Germany