International consultant on the methodology of analytical product (Index)
The organization announces a call for the consultant on creating and implementing the methodology for developing the index to assess energy sector transparency and information accessibility level.
The engagement involves a fixed scope of services within a 4 months’ contract.
Assignment description and expected outputs:
Consulting the project team members on methodological approaches, characteristics and format of the analytical index on data transparency in the energy sector of Ukraine, namely:
– Analysis and evaluation of the subject of the Transparency Index, in particular, defining the scope of research and limitations of the assessment field – providing written recommendations;
– Advising on the project team activities regarding the analysis of related analytical products at the international level − providing a list of recommended products, written guidelines on applying individual approaches to the methodology development and indexing of certain categories;
– Analysis and evaluation of the draft Transparency Index structure (list of sections, subsections and certain categories) in terms of assessment feasibility and relevance for achieving the overall goal of the Index – providing a written opinion and recommendations as to the Index structure;
– Advising on methods for assessing the Transparency Index categories in order to maintain a consistent and comparable holistic approach to such an assessment for several countries of the region throughout the product − participation in the joint drafting session of the project team in Kyiv and in the preparation of methodological explanations for the Index, incl. providing written recommendations;
– Peer review of the pilot version of the Transparency Index, including analysis and assessment of opportunities for its further development, its application in jurisdictions other than Ukraine − providing a written report with recommendations for modifications and improvements to the Index methodology;
– Participation in discussions on the Transparency Index at the working level, including roundtables attended by other experts − participation in the event and speeches on the agreed topic;
– Performing other relevant tasks that may arise in the course of services provision.
Cost of services
Proven experience in implementing similar projects
Full package of documents has to include the following scanned copies:
- Filled-in application for participation in the full competition that can be found under the link:
- Price offer according to the requirements mentioned above.
For a legal person: please add the scanned copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of registration of taxpayer;
- Certificate or Extract from the Unified State Register of Legal Entities;
For a physical person: please add the scanned copies of the following documents:
- Certificate or Extract from the Unified State Register;
We ask to send Ukrainian or English language offers with clear indication of the expected level of remuneration for services (all prices have to be in Ukrainian Hryvna, UAH, and should not include VAT), by 23:59 of May 29, 2018 to: email@example.com for Victor Chornysh.
DIXI GROUP NGO implements the project of the International technical assistance «Transparent Energy» with the support of the United States Government via the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The project is registered in the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine on 22.09.2016 р. № 3485.,according to the Agreement of the Government of Ukraine and the Government of the United States on the humanitarian and technical and economic cooperation of May 7, 1992.
In the framework of the international technical assistance projects, works and services supplied to the project implementer and payed for from the international technical assistance, are supplied without charging of the VAT (see provision 197.11 of the Tax Code of Ukraine, Letter of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine of 16.01.2016 No.765/6/99-99-19-03-02-15, Letter of the Main Department of the State Fiscal Service in Kyiv of 30.08.2016 No. 19408/10/26-15-12-05-11).
By submitting the offer to this competition, the payer of the VAT agrees to include in a contract (if selected) the typical statement about exemption from the VAT according to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of February 15, 2002, No. 153 (153-2002- п) «On creation of the unified system of attracting, usage and monitoring of the international technical assistance, the cost of such goods, works and services is exempted from the value added tax. and taking to account the clarifications included into the Letter of the State Tax Service No. 4526/0/71-12/12-1017 of September 27, 2012, «On information notes».